TIEP has decades of experience designing and delivering professional English language training programs. Examples of these programs, ranging from a few weeks to 6 months, include:
- Training courses for groups of elementary and secondary school teachers from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, India, Japan, Korea, Paraguay, Taiwan, and Uruguay.
- University faculty English training courses for professors from Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico.
- English training for high technology software engineers.
- Business English training for high level corporate executives, including non-U.S. company CEOs.
- Professional English training for non-U.S. finance & economics ministry personnel.
- English training for very high level government leaders.
- Maritime English training for developing country port and harbor personnel.
The training programs for elementary and secondary school teachers often include placement of these teachers in Texas public schools for hands-on, practical field experiences.
Sponsors of these training programs include government agencies, international development organizations, private companies, Fulbright Commissions from diverse countries, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
TIEP’s ability to develop English language professional training courses and programs is unlimited. TIEP is able to draw on the vast pool of experts both in the Austin area and within the Texas International Education Consortium (TIEC) network of Texas public universities to participate as training faculty in virtually all professional fields.
TIEP is a division of the Texas International Education Consortium (TIEC). TIEC has assisted more than 40 countries in meeting the educational needs of rapidly growing populations and in using education to assist with national economic development. Numerous large-scale projects around the world – in the Middle East, South and East Asia, Europe and Central Asia, Africa, and Latin America – have enabled TIEC to develop and fine-tune methodologies and approaches that can address local needs with all the strengths of international best-in-class education practices.