Thank you for your interest in the Texas International Education Consortium (TIEC), and its main division, the Texas Intensive English Program (TIEP). Our team is dynamic, strong, and committed to our mission of fostering international education and opportunities in Texas, and around the world.
Current Job Opportunities:
- Senior Director, Intensive English and Global Learning
THE SENIOR DIRECTOR ROLE:
The Texas International Education Consortium, a non-profit that represents 31 public universities across the state of Texas and who runs the oldest Intensive English Program in the state of Texas (TIEP), is seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial individual with experience in and/or deep knowledge about English language training, leadership and/or executive education programs, English for Specific Purposes, online learning, and international education. The SD is a senior leader at TIEP and TIEC, and shares overall responsibility for the successful advancement of TIEP and TIEC. The SD has the opportunity to advance TIEP from primarily an intensive English provider to a global learning institute. The SD will be responsible for expanding TIEP’s student body, which has helped more than 30,000 students from 131 countries learn English in Austin since 1965, as well as marketable learning products and services, and will drive innovative new programmatic directions to support TIEP as an educational institution beyond intensive English. The SD will contribute to TIEC’s revenue generation model, will manage and supervise TIEP faculty and staff, and will support TIEC’s goal to consistently increase the overall advancement and innovation of international program and partnership opportunities across the consortium.
The SD’s success will be measured on his/her vision and leadership in managing and ensuring: TIEP operates as a high-quality intensive English provider in Austin and globally; compliance and retention of CEA accreditation; positive revenue-generation year on year; quality provision of successful market driven programs; achievement of student recruitment goals; implementation of online learning products; and development of additional global learning and instructional programs for market consumption. The SD will, above all, employ creativity, innovation, and flexibility, in building high quality programs for the global market place.
A full list of duties are included in the Job Description section.
IDEAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
The Senior Director of Intensive English and Global Learning will be selected to inspire, lead and ensure success of TIEP as a leader in English language instruction, and its development as a broader global learning and instructional institute. The SD must understand TIEP’s basic revenue-generating business model and the imperative to generate revenue year on year. The successful candidate will show evidence of significant revenue-generation outcomes from prior positions, preferably in the fields of international learning, online instruction and/or English language programs. This is a fundamental requirement of the role.
Additionally, the successful candidate will evidence:
• A positive professional reputation in international education, language instruction and pedagogy, and/or curriculum development.
• A thorough understanding of the trends in the design of language and continuing education instruction.
• Strategic thinking with the mental flexibility, creativity, and intelligence to see and pursue new opportunities for TIEP.
• A leadership style based on learning, collaboration, transparency, and equality.
• Passion about the success and growth of TIEP as a leader in English language and continuing/executive education.
• Demonstrated ability to understand the trends in higher education and language acquisition, and to develop and draft successful project proposals for funding.
• Demonstrated experience building and overseeing international educational and exchange programs.
• An advanced degree.
• 10+ years of experience, 5+ of which in a senior leadership role.
TIEC offers an attractive salary-and-benefits package, commensurate with experience.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION:
Please send your cover letter and resume to TIECSearch@TIEC.org. Written recommendations are not required, but welcome, as are examples of international programs you have built and/or run, and experience with intensive English programs. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the positions is filled. Please note that TIEC will only respond to those invited for an interview.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Senior Director, Intensive English and Global Learning
• Lead and direct strategies for program growth.
• Provide vision and leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs, courses, and services.
• Plan and implement strategies for student recruitment and retention.
• Scout and develop new project proposals, and respond to requests for proposals.
• Develop international contacts and partnerships to promote intensive English and additional global learning and instructional programs.
• Approve hiring of recommended TIEP personnel.
• Review performance of TIEP personnel and approve recommended TIEP personnel salaries. Provide leadership for professional development of TIEP staff.
• Review and approve program and policy changes based on input from students, faculty, and staff.
• Serve as liaison with CEA and professional membership organizations.
• Approve course dates, tuition, and fees.
• Set and achieve revenue-generation targets and goals.
• Expand TIEP’s instructional offerings while ensuring it meets objectively measured standards of quality.
• Review and approve program budgets and accounts payable and refund vouchers.
• Maintain efficient operational and financial management of TIEP.
Founded in 1985, the Texas International Education Consortium (TIEC) is a uniquely situated organization that brings together 31 public universities in Texas with the shared goal and mission to create strong international educational opportunities for Texas university students and faculty in addition to markedly advancing the globalization of Texas higher education. Over its history, TIEC has provided a diverse array of consulting services to the global educational community. TIEC’s ability to call upon the knowledge and experience of more than 25,000 faculty and administrators from its consortium universities provides TIEC access to a breadth and depth of expertise and potential that few can match. TIEC also facilitates and implements international partnerships with foreign governments on exchange programs of students, teachers, and academic faculty, and is well known for its broad programmatic experience.
Located in Austin, Texas, TIEC occupies a multi-purpose headquarters facility that include both its consulting and consortium services programs as well as its study and training programs. TIEC headquarters is home to offices and classrooms of the Texas Intensive English Program (TIEP), a wholly owned subsidiary of TIEC that provides English as a second language instruction to international students from around the globe. TIEP also facilitates teacher exchange and development programs.
TIEC operates on a revenue-generation model that includes its intensive English program and its consulting services that address the varied strategic, management, and operational needs of government agencies or educational organizations of all sizes and complexity. TIEC has successfully completed international development projects around the world, including across Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, and East Asia Pacific.
TIEC is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of the presidents of its 31 affiliated universities. These universities include members of the Association of American Universities, the National Association of State Universities and Land Grant Colleges, and the American Association of State Colleges and Universities.
Further information may be obtained on the organization’s websites: www.tiec.org and www.tiep.edu.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.