Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Communicative Competency in the EFL/ESL Classroom. Overview of EFL/ESL methodologies; concentration on practical applications of EFL/ESL teaching techniques for non-native EFL instructors; observations of TIEP ESL classes.
Language and Culture Programs
English skills and U.S./Texas culture. Includes language classes, culture classes, numerous cultural and recreational activities.
Executive English Seminars
Corporate English communication, speaking, listening, writing, and reading skills appropriate in U.S. and international business environments.
If these programs do not meet your needs, please let us know. We can design a program just for your group.
Custom-Designed Private Lessons
TIEP offers customized, one-to-one English training for non-native speakers of English. Advantages of private lessons at TIEP include:
- Individual instruction to maximize learning and progress
- Individual needs assessment and evaluation of English skills to create a focused curriculum that addresses specific needs efficiently
- Expert, flexible instruction that constantly adapts to a student’s individual level of English proficiency, needs, and interests
- Custom-designed to meet specific interests, for example:
- English for Business Communications
- Academic English
- General English
- English for the Workplace
- Pronunciation Skills
- Conversation Skills
- Public Speaking
- Test preparation, including IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, GRE, GMAT, SAT
- Flexible schedule
- Available any time of the year
- Minimum of 15 total hours
- Up to 45 hours of instruction per week to create an English immersion experience to maximize learning
- Certificate awarded upon completion
- Instruction available at TIEP or off-site in the Austin area
Specialized Group Courses
TIEP designs and teaches numerous kinds of English language and closely related U.S. culture courses, for non-U.S. high school and university student groups, as well as professional and other adult groups, from several days to several months long. These courses are designed to meet the unique needs of each group. Group courses designed for students are especially attractive for school vacation periods in their home countries. Group courses designed for non-U.S. teachers and other professionals can be planned and taught any time of the year.