The most popular types of customized programs are TESOL training for English teachers and Language and Culture programs for high school students, university students, and others. We would be pleased to design a program just for your group.
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Focus: Communicative Competency in the TESOL Classroom.
Includes: Overview of EFL/ESL methodologies, practical applications of EFL/ESL teaching techniques, visits to schools and class observations.
Language and Culture Programs
Focus: Improving English skills and experiencing and learning about U.S. and Texas culture. Includes: English classes, culture classes, and numerous social and cultural activities and excursions.
Executive English Seminars
Focus: Corporate English Communication
Includes: Training in English speaking, listening, writing, and reading skills appropriate in U.S. and international business environments, company visits, expert guest speakers.
Private Lessons/Custom-Designed Tutorials
TIEP offers customized, one-to-one English training for international students and professionals. Advantages of an individual tutorial at TIEP:
- Maximum progress with low teacher-student ratio.
- Expert, flexible instruction that constantly adapts to a student’s individual level of English proficiency.
- Custom-designed to meet a student’s specific interests, for example:
- Business English
- Academic English
- General English
- Conversation Skills
- Public Speaking
- Test preparation, including IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, SAT, GRE, GMAT
- Advanced writing and grammar
- Certificate awarded upon completion of a tutorial.
- Assistance with accommodations, if needed (with a fee: $85)
- Flexible schedule:
- Available any time of the year
- Minimum of 1.5 hours of instruction per week for at least 15 total hours
- Lessons can be held at TIEP, off-site in the Austin area, or online.
Specialized Group Courses
TIEP designs and teaches numerous kinds of English language and closely related U.S. culture courses for non-U.S. high school student and university student groups. TIEP also offers customized training courses for English teachers, as well as other professional and adult groups. These programs are designed to meet the unique needs of each group and can be offered in Texas or online. Group courses can be planned and taught any time of the year and have ranged in length from one week to six months.